Monday, October 6, 2008

There aren't enough hours in the day!!

Ugh, it can't be Monday already...seriously! I need just ONE more day.

Our weekend was good! Friday night we took the kids to see Beverly Hills Chiuauaha (however you spell that word?!?). It was a cute movie...Jeremy and Dylan were a little restless 1/2 way through. Sydni loved it though :) I told Jeremy that it's crazy how when we were dating and first married, we could take $20 and that would get us in the movie AND buy a drink and popcorn. We spent $50 for us to get in and drinks/popcorn...CRAZY! Oh well, it was good family time, so it was worth it, right?? Plus, we rarely go to the movies, so it's okay to splurge every once in a while.

Saturday morning we had soccer...my little man did AWESOME!! He was focused and hustled the entire game. I'm super proud of him :) I've got some good action pictures that I'm going to download today, so I'll put them up on here. After the game, Sydni and I headed to my mom's house to hang out with her for the day. We had SUCH fun, just us girls!! I helped my mom repaint her front door, we got down all her fall decorations and I got to pick out some stuff for my house that she didn't want anymore! Plus, she cleaned out her closet and gave me a BUNCH of stuff (we wear the same size and have the same taste,..lucky me). So it was like I went shopping and didn't spend a dime...WOOHOO!! Jeremy had taken Dylan to J's cousins b-day while we were gone. We got back home around 5:30ish and I was TIRED!! Not really sure why, I hadn't done anything really major. Anyway, I developed a headache, decided to take a bath and ended up in bed by 8:30..that is so NOT like me!! But, I don't remember anything until 8:30 Sun morning so I must have just been really tired. I felt fine on Sunday morning.

We got up on Sunday and decided that church just wasn't happening for us. We headed to Lowe's to get pickets so Jeremy could start that portion of the fence. If anyone ever tells you it's a breeze to put up your own privacy fence..don't listen to them. While it does save you money to do it yourself, it is HARD labor and very tedious and slow! They had some mums marked 1/2 off at Lowe's, so I got a deal on 2 HUGE baskets w/mum's in them for the porch. I got the decorations that mom had given me and got my porch all decorated. After lunch, I went over to my friend's house. They just built a new home and I hadn't seen it yet. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so happy for her! Watched my Cowboys win...barely!! We went for Mexican for dinner last night...YUM!

I'll have to take pics of the front porch and all my decorations. While at Lowe's we let the kids pick out a pumpkin and Jeremy carved them last night. It was too cute, he let Sydni draw out their faces on paper and then he transferred it to the pumpkin. I think he had more fun than they did ;)

Oh, the highlight of the weekend...I sold my treadmill! YAY!! I put it on Craigslist last weekend and finally got a bite. They didn't try to negotiate the price or anything. So, I paid off a bill with that and that definitely felt good :)

Not sure if my week is going to be crazy or just normal busy this week...so far things are pretty quiet, but that can change in the blink of an eye.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I would have bought your treadmill.

Sounds like a good weekend, I swear I am trying to clean/organize and I just keep making a bigger mess going thru things.

I am determined to get my fall stuff out TODAY tho!

mytwocuddlebugs said...

I can imagine it must be difficult to organize when you are in the middle of home renovations, have a hubby who is immobile and 6 kids!!! I am in a constant state of organizing at my house :p