Thursday, June 28, 2007

single motherhood

So, being the nice wife I am, my hubby is on a boys fishing trip, left Wed and won't be back until Sun afternoon. So far the kids have been pretty good and things are under control.

I do have to say that I don't envy single parents. Not that all single parents choose to be that, I just know that for me, it would be VERY hard to do all the time. I love my children dearly, but man, they can drive me bonkers sometimes!!

I had a very stressful day at work today and I really tried not to let that flow over into my evening with the kids. I explained that mommy was really tired and that we needed to have a quiet evening watching a movie or something similar. They are now both laying on a pallet on the living room floor watching a Blues Clues movie :)

I'm enjoying the peace and quiet, watching House Hunters on HGTV, which dh HATES btw, and about to read a little bit.

Tomorrow I am meeting with the mortgage company to finalize the information for our loan, so I'm kind of nervous about that....I'm sure I'm just being pessimistic, but I always feel like something will go wrong and that this house is just too good to be true. Corny, I know, but that's me!! Anyway, I'll update tomorrow after I meet with them. We close on 8/8, so that's about 5 wks away...it will definitely be here before I know it. I'm going to start packing this weekend...blech!

No comments: