Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cuz Jenn said so....

I didn't think it had been since the 19th that I updated...I'm such a slacker!!! So let's see...we had a BUSY weekend! Friday afternoon/evening I spent helping my mom get ready for a garage sale that we were having at my grandma's house. Let me just say that we are N.E.V.E.R. having another one.period. It was SO much freaking work and it was like 95 degrees on Sat. We only made $300 and it was NOT worth it for all the work and exhaustion!!!

Sat evening, ya know because I hadn't tortured myself enough ;p, April (SIL) and I went into town and did some shopping. Hit up ON, Gymbo and Dillards. I didn't buy anything at Gymbo...shock!! Did get Sydni some cute outfits at ON though. Sunday was kind of a lazy day for us....we got up, went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I know this next statement is probably gonna make Jenn cry...then we went to Wal-Mart and got a waterslide!! The kids are ECSTATIC and we are officially the coolest neighbors in our addition ;) This is what it looks like:


Pretty much the rest of Sunday was spent playing on the waterslide...the neighbors came over (there were 9 kids on it at one point!) and my kids were WORN slap out! In fact, Dylan was in bed by 7pm! April came back over because the guys were gone fishing. We watched 27 Dresses...her first time to see it, my 2nd. I got to play with Preslie, so that was fun ;)

Monday, the kids and I went with our neighbors to the camp that she works at. They have a NICE big pool there for the interns (christian organization) to use and it was SO much fun!! My kids should be waterlogged by now! Then we came home, ate lunch, they napped and got BACK on the waterslide that afternoon.

Yesterday (tue) it rained and Sydni was SO disappointed that she couldn't come home & get on the waterslide :( Mommy wasn't though! I went to eat dinner with the neighborhood ladies...it was SO much fun!! We haven't done that since Christmas! I'll update some more tonight!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

you didn't make me cry (yet) but ONLY because I am going to look at patio furniture today :D We are still talking about the slides, I think we're looking at doing one that is a little smaller than the one we had - Nate is looking at one that is 2 racing slides that land into a pool and then doing a pool pool - I haven't given up yet - I can't go the whole summer w/out SOMETHING out there and I think I got him when I reminded him that once it gets consistantly warmer it'll dry out a LOT faster than it was when it was raining every other day LOL!

Jenn said...

we did have a busy weekend but it was fun.

and thank you - I was feeling quite large until that pic - now I think i'll just shut it for a while LOL!

mytwocuddlebugs said...

Well this one was $399 and it has already paid for itself!! We put it up on Monday night and it only took an hour from the time we turned the pump off for it to dry out....not too bad! I LOVE looking for patio furniture!! Link me or email me what kind you are thinking of getting ;)

mytwocuddlebugs said...

yes, you need to shut it!! You are adorable ;)

Paula said...

Oh how fun!!! I can't wait to some day have a backyard to have fun in!!

Jenn said...

luckily walmarts return policy is almost as good as costco's - I hope it holds up great for you. I need it to get hotter here so it won't take as long to dry out one when we get another one ya know?

we're picking up the patio furniture tomorrow - it's nothing overly exciting but i'll take a pic when we get it here -i'm SO geekily excited :D